Sunday, May 27, 2012

Eminem's tattoos and meanings

• The letter "D" on the right forearm - represents not only the birthplace of Eminem (Detroit) but also the first rap group, the "D-12" or the "Dirty Dozen" was also known as.
• The number "12" on his left forearm - represents the rap group "D-12", particularly when read in conjunction with the other arm.
• The words "Slit Me" on the inside of the right wrist - meaning "cut me" and is a literal reference to suicidal tendencies who has experienced a phase of his troubled life
.• A Gothic bracelet around the left wrist - Eminem has admitted he does not remember the meaning of this tattoo, implying that he was drunk when she was done.
• An overview of the city of Detroit in the left arm - made to honor his uncle Ronnie Pilkington (who committed suicide in 1991 and who was very close to Eminem), this highly artistic tattoo includes several references to ghetto life: building, fire, a skull and the eye of a prostitute. In the middle can still read the words "Slim Shady" (Eminem's nickname in the group D-12 and its most "dark" according to his own) and low of the tattoo, a banner with the words "Ronnie RIP"
.• The words "Hailie Jade" on the inside of the right forearm - written vertically, is the name of their daughter, born in 1995
.• An open grave and the words "Kim" and "Rot in Pieces" in the belly - all this tattoo is dedicated to his wife Kim Scott and was made at the time they divorced after many years filled with conflicts (including the attempt to suicide Kim). The words (a pun on RIP) mean something like "rot in pieces." In addition to mean the end of marriage, also expressed deep sorrow felt by the fact that Eminem's relationship does not have survived the constant problems. Eminem and Kim started dating in high school, married in 1999 and divorced in 2001. Remarried on January 14, 2006.
• The word "Proof" inside the left forearm - a tribute to friend and rapper Proof of his group D-12, was shot dead in 2006, and had a tattoo exactly the same.
• A portrait of the daughter in the left arm - the picture of Hailie Jade is his latest tattoo, and also includes the words "Bonnie & Clyde", which is the title of a song appearing on his debut album "Slim Shady" and dedicated to his daughter. The image is still comprised of various roses, representing the eternal love for his daughter. This tattoo covers, in full, an old tattoo that simply said "Eminem."

article by:

e Lurdes Oliveira (instagram.com/lolothemajestic)

11 comments:

  1. Eminem made my life so much easier he helped with the pain i feel every day with the bulling

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Kno he is old but he is so cute to me...I Am not in love with him but it would be nice to just kiss or hug him..

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's been a big part of my recovery. Love his music especially his "Recovery " album. And of course the song, "Slim Shady". Saw him in concert, best l've ever seen! And at the age of 49, lve seen alot of concerts!
    He's real. Love to him and peace forever...

    ReplyDelete
  4. When Iam sad become Recovery When am joy become slim shady when am Alone become true Marshell, All done by Eminem. Fav Rapper ever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what up I love your music I am 15 and from Wilkesboro n.c. I have been in a foster home for 4years now. It would be cool to see u or talk some time. My name is Preston Blackwell I have got charged before to for stupid shit too. You help me when I am pissed off it just good to have someone who knows what you growing through life has been fuck up for me too. My favorite song is when I' gone and mockingbird I can't hear it and not cry that sit gets to me every time.

    Preston Blackwell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Preston Blackwell. Reading these posts I ran across yours and for whatever reason I felt compelled to reach out to u. If u read this please email me only1meroco@gmail.com. I'm not some crazy kidnapper or some other sick shit but It is weighing on my heart to talk to u. Hope to hear from u soon.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eminem was always played in the car when I was young 3 maybe... still in love with him!

    ReplyDelete